Urbanization of Benalmadena
Cosmopolitan lifestyle by the sea in urbanization of Benalmadena
Welcome to south Andalucia where golf, beaches, luxury and amazing climate are the main reasons why people decide to buy property on the Costa del Sol. In addition to Malaga and Marbella, very popular urbanization is Benalmadena with spacious apartments and villas close to all amenities and close to the sea.
One of the most important points along the western Costa del Sol, Benalmadena is town dedicated to tourism and has many attractions for holiday makers, thanks to its ideal climate and its coastal location. It consists of 3 different urban areas:
Located on the coast with gold sand beaches and magnificent sea views, this is a perfect place for sun-seekers. There are beautiful surroundings, such as La Paloma Park with a central lake where you can see many different types of birds, or Selwo Marina with dolphins, penguins and exotic bird life, making a great day out for the family. Down on the beachfront are many shops, restaurants, beachside villas and apartments and also Museo de Arte (Museum of Art).
Arroyo de la Miel
It is situated between Benalmadena Pueblo and Benalmadena Costa, separating village on the hill from the sea front. Commercial town center with excellent and modern transport service connecting Fuengirola, Torremolinos, Malaga City and Malaga Airport. Main residential area with boulevards, many restaurants, shops and cafes.
It is located 200m above sea level with traditional architecture, stunning sea views and sunsets. The oldest area with an archaeological museum that dates back from the Bronze Age, Spanish church, butterfly park, the largest Buddhist Stupa in western Europe and traditional whitewashed houses.
Beach therapy in Benalmadena
- Carvajal beach – dark sand beach with moderate swell and close to all amenities, such as shops or restaurants. Sometimes very busy, but one of the most favorite family beaches.
- Arroyo Hondo beach – Between ‘Las Viborillas’ and ‘Torremuelle’ this beach is named after the river, which flows into the sea. It is very easy to reach. This beach offers many facilities and is quieter that others in this area.
- Arroyo de la Miel – Popular beach amongst serious swimmers and it has a long promenade that runs right along to the port and the Marina.
- Torre Bermeja beach – Fun for the whole family. Jet skis and boats can be rented out. There are options to play volleyball and football, and you can also try windsurfing and sailing or even fishing.
You can also find several beach bars and restaurants to chose and other amenities are included. This beach is around 600 meters and is close to the town and to all its amenities.
- Santa Ana beach – You can access beach on foot, by bus or by car and there are many beach bars and restaurants. There are many things to do, with many water sports.
- Torremuelle beach – Grey sand beach, coarse-grained and rocky with a moderate swell. It has the beach bar – Paco, which is very popular and has many regular clients all the year round.
There are nearly 20 kilometers of coastline and palm trees in Benalmádena and these beaches are not the only ones. You should also visit Fuente de La Salud beach, La Perla o de La Morera beach, La Viborilla beach, Torrequebrada beach etc…
Things to do in Benalmadena
Except that you can enjoy the magnificent beachside apartments or wake up with stunning sea views from the modern and luxurious villas in Benalmadena, there are many attractions for family, couples or coming with friends. There is a golf with 9 hole course, as well as many shops, parks rich in flora and fauna and for lovers of historical sites various castles. However, being close to the sea, this urbanization attracts a lot of tourists.
Some of the things you should visit:
- Parks ( Tivoli World theme park, Butterfly Park, Parque De La Paloma, Garden of Eagles)
- Historical sites ( Benalmádena Stupa, Castillo de Colomares, Castillo de Bil Bil, Santa Domingo Church, Templo Hindu, Plaza Espana)
- Puerto Marina
- Selwo Marina Delfinarium or Sea Life Aquarium
- Puerto Marina Shopping
- Club de Hielo
Nightlife in Benalmadena
2 party towns Torremolinos and Benalmadena, side by side, make Costa del Sol inevitable party destination. Benalmadena boasts a multitude of fabulous night clubs, discos and late night bars. Most of them are situated on named 24-hour Square on the coast road, but for a more sophisticated dance scene it is worth to stroll down to the Marina.
Downtown or 24-hour Square is perfect place for those seeking late night entertainment. The most popular are El Elefante, Kiu, Mango, The Beer Keller, Linekers. If you prefer bars with sea views or overlooking the boats, visit Benalmadena Marina where you can enjoy live music during the weekends. Banana Café, La Cubana, Discoteca Aqa, Boals Ice Bar, Disco-café Kaleido are just some of our suggestions.
Seafront promenade also has couple of interesting bars such as Wyn’s Bar or Piano Bar Neptuno. Casino Torequebrada is one of the most complete casinos with 4 restaurants offering a variety of menus and the “Fortuna” Night Club, that can hold up to 500 people and many shows also.